Teen Patti Introduction
Teen Patti 20-20 is one of the most played games in India. Some players will find it similar to the English card game three-card brag, but Teen Patti has its own rules. It is a game that is pretty easy to learn, but playing the game on a good level takes some practice. So, it means that it is a game that depends on two factors: luck and skill. In this guide, we will do our best to try and explain all of the rules and types of bets in Teen Patti.
Teen Patti basic rules
Teen Patti is a game played using one card deck without the Jokers. Each round starts by placing bets on some of the possible outcomes. As usual, you will have to cover the table’s minimum for the bet to be accepted. The goal is to predict the outcome of the round. Aces are the cards with the highest rank in the deck, and deuces are the ones with the weakest rank, as Texas Hold ’em Poker.
First, we would like to teach you about the rankings of the hands, starting with the strongest:
- Trail – the best combination that you can get by playing Teen Patti. If you receive three cards of the same value (K, K, K), it means that you have a trail. The strongest Trail is made by three Aces, followed by a trail made of Kings, and so on.
- Pure Sequence, or Straight Flush – To get a Pure Sequence in Teen Patti, you will have to be dealt three consecutive cards of the same suit. For example, 5, 6, and 7 of spades. The highest-ranked pure sequence is the A, K, Q of the same suit.
- Sequence or Straight-A is a combination of three consecutive cards that don’t have to be from the same suit. For example, 5 of clubs, 6 of spades, and 7 of diamonds. The highest-ranked straight is A, K, Q, and the lowest is formed by the cards 4, 3, and 2.
- Flush – A combination of three cards that have the same suit, regardless of their value. So, you will have to be dealt three diamonds to get a diamond straight. For example, 8, 9, and K of spades will form a flush of spades. When both players have a flush, whoever has the high card wins the hand.
- Two of a Kind, or Pair – A three-card combination wherein two cards have the same value. For example, a hand of 6, 6, and 4 is considered a pair of sixes with four as a kicker. If both players have a pair of the same value, the one with the higher kicker will win the round.
- High Card – Finally, the weakest possible hand in Teen Patti. If none of the hands mentioned above is dealt, then the winner will be the one holding the stronger high card. For example, if Player A has K, Q, and 4, and Player B has A, Q, and 3, Player B will win the hand on account of holding an Ace versus Player A’s King.
You will have to place your bets on the following options:
- Player A
- Player B
- Player A P+
- Player B P+
- 6 Card Bonus
Player A or Player B – Basically, you are betting that the selected player will have a hand with a better rank than the other player.
P+ is a side bet where you are betting that the cards of the selected player will form a pair or better. The stronger the hand is, the greater reward you will receive at the end of the round. These are the ranking hands in the P+ bonus: Pair, Flush, Straight, Trio, Straight Flush, and Mini Royal.
6 Card Bonus – Also known as 3 + 3 Bonus, is a side bet that uses the three best cards from each player to form a 5-card poker hand. There are several ranking hands for these side bets. Those are Three of a Kind, Straight, Flush, Full House, Four of a Kind, Straight Flush, and Royal Flush.
Tie – Tie occurs when both of the players will be dealt cards with the same value. For example, Player A: K, J, 3, and Player B: K, J, 3.
Teen Patti payouts
0.98 : 1
50 : 1
Payouts for Betting on P+
Three of a kind AAA
50 : 1
Three of a kind
40 : 1
30 : 1
6 : 1
3 : 1
1 : 1
Payouts for Betting on 6 Card Bonus
1000 : 1
200 : 1
Four of a kind
100 : 1
20 : 1
15 : 1
10 : 1
Three of a kind
7 : 1
The RTP of Teen Patti varies depending on your play style. If you place your bets on Player A or Player B, you will have the best RTP of 97.39%, if you bet on P+, you are getting 95.51%, and if you are betting on 6 Card Bonus side bet, you will have an RTP of 91.44%. So, our advice is to play Teen Patti by placing bets on any of the Players. If you want to increase your chances of getting a more substantial sum of money, you could also consider placing a side bet.
Where can I play Teen Patti?
As with most Indian card games, you can enjoy Teen Patti at Betshah casino. You are welcome to choose any of the tables. At BetShah, you can play the Teen Patti by Super Spade, Ezugi, and Creed Roomz.